Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is the latest technology that is being adopted to track and trace materials, including books. RFID based Library Management System has been implemented in most of the reputed libraries across the globe. RFID interfaced library management system, along with smart card issued to the users are being implemented to automate the library functions and make the inventory management process efficient and effective. The system improves the tracking of books and documents so that the books can be more quickly located, the document workflow more easily tracked and transaction records are seamlessly captured.
RFID-Smart Card based Library System is perhaps the first step towards a Smart Campus Solution.
THE PROCESS OF RFID LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM:-
1. Whenever a new book is acquired by the library, an RFID tag is attached into the book with the relevant information like, call number, accession number, book number, etc.
2. The detailed information regarding the book is also captured in the computer/microcontroller database.
3. The computer/microcontroller database also stores all information for individual users (patrons) of the library.
4. Each patron is supplied with a smart card. These smart cards carry identification data for each patron. The efficacy of the above smart system is best utilized while searching for a book or while issuing or returning a book.
5. When a patron needs to get a book issued, he can get it done without any manual intervention. He walks to the issue kiosk, flashes his smart card and the system automatically shows his name and account details.
6. He then places the selected books, one by one on the RFID scanner.
7. The computer/microcontroller records all these data against his name.
8. When a patron wants to return books, he simply places the books in the book drop counter and the books automatically are adjusted for return against the patrons name.
Brand: HBeonLabs, Product assembled by: HBeonLabs
RFID based Library Management System is a unique project to be implemented in collage libraries to manage the books automatically and efficiently. It will use the microcontroller and RFID reader to identify and manage the books efficiently. Every book will have a unique RFID tag and every student will be provided unique RFID card as ID card for library. When a student swipes his /her card before RFID reader it will display his/her details with no. of books issued to him/her. If if the student wants to issue a book then he will swipe his card and the book to be issued before RFID reader and it will issue the book. Similarly if the student wants to return the book he will swipe his card and the book it will automatically removed from his account if issued before to him. If some buddy tries to steal the book and pass from proximity of the RFID reader then it will blow the buzzer to alert the guard at the gate of library.